One of the common medications that you can take to treat ‘Type 2 Diabetes’ is metformin 500. When you take a metformin 500 mg dosage it acts essentially by lowering blood pressure.
Thereby increasing the body’s response to insulin. It is however important to note that this medicine will not work without making changes to diet or lifestyle.
Therefore, in this article we shall explore all essential facts about metformin 500 along with the ideal type of food that you can eat while consuming this medicine.
What is metformin 500?
Typically, you use a metformin 500 mg dosage to significantly reduce the amount of glucose produced by the liver.
To stimulate sensitivity within the muscle cells to insulin. Which in turn helps lower and stabilise blood sugar levels. Besides, metformin 500 is available in various forms.
The main objective of a 500 mg metformin pill is to help manage blood sugar levels and prevent complications associated with diabetes.
Medical Uses of This ‘Anti-Diabetic’ Medication:
Besides, a metformin tablet is used for weight management, treatment of gestational and prediabetes, and polycystic ovary syndrome or PCOS.
How Do You Take A Metformin 500 mg Dosage?
If you are looking to take metformin 500mg tablets effectively in managing your Type 2 Diabetes then, you need to learn the right way to take this medicine. Hence here is presenting a few tips on how to take a metformin 500 pill.
- Usually, you take metformin tablets along with meals to reduce the possibility of you suffering from gastrointestinal side effects
- Always take this medicine dose by swallowing it along with a glassful of water
- It is essential that you take metformin diabetes medication at the same time each day to maintain consistent blood levels of the medication
- Also, you need to maintain a healthy lifestyle and exercise regimen as recommended by your doctor or healthcare professional
- Finally, it is important that you inform your healthcare professional about any other medications, medical conditions, and supplements that you may use.
What are Some Foods That You Need To Take and Avoid While Taking This ‘Antidiabetic’ Medication?
While consuming a metformin 500 mg dosage it is necessary that you understand what food items you can take and those that you need to avoid.
- Foods to take:
Typically, you can consume the following food items while taking metformin diabetes medication. They are as follows:
- Healthy fats
- Lean proteins
- Low carbs fruits
2. Foods to avoid:
Meanwhile, when you take a metformin diabetes medication there is a possibility that it may interact with certain food items. Therefore, you need to avoid taking these foodstuffs given below along with your metformin 500 mg dosage.
- Saturated fat
- Simple and refined carbs
- Trans fat
- High sodium content food
Who Can Take This ‘Antidiabetic’ Medication?
Typically, individuals with the following medical conditions given below can use a metformin diabetes medication. They are as follows:
- Gestational Diabetes
- Polycystic ovary syndrome or PCOS
- Type 2 diabetes
Now, if you are looking to buy metformin 500 online at affordable metformin 500 price then, you need to click here. To purchase more generic medications at $25 discount and get ‘FREE SHIPPING’ along with it then you need to visit our one-stop ‘E-SHOP’ today.