A Complete Guide of Aspadol 100 mg:
Aspadol 100mg is a medication that relieves pain and is a Narcotic. It contains Tapentadol as the chief ingredient, which you use to treat moderate to severe pain. Besides, Aspadol 100 mg is commonly sold under the brand name Nucynta. The route of administration of this drug is oral via the mouth. Although, Aspadol 100 is generally considered to be a moderately strong opioid.
In terms of mode of administration, Aspadol 100mg is given orally via mouth. It works using a dual mechanism as a norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor (NRI) and an agonist of mu-opioid receptors. Aspadol 100mg Tablets, is not a Pro-Drug. Therefore it acts by not depending on metabolism to produce therapeutic effects.
Tapentadol, the main component of Aspadol 100mg, officially received approval for clinical use by the United States of America (USA) Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in November 2008. Besides, it was first discovered by a German pharmaceutical company Grünenthal in the late 1980s, led by Helmut Buschmann. The potency of Aspadol 100 lies somewhere between morphine and tramadol. To help you know more about this pain relief medication, here is a complete guidebook of Aspadol 100mg.
What is The Medical Uses of Aspadol 100mg?
Usually, it is to treat symptoms of both Acute and Chronic pain which is Moderate-to-Severe, that you use Aspadol 100 mg. In addition, it is a drug you can use to treat musculoskeletal pain that you may experience due to injury or following surgery. There is also the possibility of using Aspadol 100 in managing diabetic neuropathy symptoms.
How Does Aspadol 100mg Work to Manage Acute and Chronic Pain?
On taking Aspadol 100 mg Tablets dosage, the Tapentadol exerts its effects by acting directly as an agonist of the μ-opioid receptors (MOR) and as a norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor (NRI). It then triggers an Analgesic effect within a half-hour after administration to help produce Pain Relief. It does so by disrupting the nerve signal pain between the brain and the patient’s body. Hence, in simple words, when you use Aspadol 100mg Pills, it essentially works as a centrally acting opioid analgesic to help you manage symptoms of pain.
How do you take Aspadol 100 mg Tablet?
Before taking Aspadol 100 mg Pills, you must understand the best way to use them effectively to resolve your pain issues without having to experience undesirable side effects. Here is then presenting you a few tips on how to take Aspadol 100mg Tablets appropriately:
- You should take this pain medication only for a long period, i.e. more than three to four weeks.
- Only take Aspadol 100 dosage if you are not allergic to it.
- Also, you need to take this medicine as directed by your doctor or pharmacist.
- Always swallow Aspadol 100 mg Tablets along with a glassful of water. Do not try to chew, dissolve, or break it.
- Aspadol 100 mg Pills dosage you can take either with or without food. Since doing so, there are no adverse effects you will experience.
- While consuming a dosage of Aspadol 100, you must ensure that you avoid taking a high-fat meal, as not doing so will decrease the absorption rate and, therefore, the drug’s effectiveness.
- Remember to take a dosage of Aspadol 100mg Tapentadol depending only on the severity of your pain.
- Although, it is recommended that you always start with the lowest dose of this medicine and then gradually increase up to the highest dose if pain persists.
- Breastfeeding females must take Aspadol 100 with care due to the possible side effects. Therefore, they need to speak with their doctor before using this drug.
When do you not Take Aspadol 100mg Tablet?
There are certain situations in which you must not use Aspadol 100 mg. Since, on doing so, there is a possibility that you may experience undesirable side effects, some of which may prove to be fatal. Here are a few circumstances under which you must not take Aspadol 100.
- You must avoid taking this medicine if you are suffering from medical conditions such as asthma. Doing so can trigger medical complications, including intracranial pressure and respiratory depression.
- Avoid engaging in activities such as handling a machine or driving since one of the side effects of this medication is dizziness/drowsiness.
- Besides, long-term usage of Aspadol 100 mg is to be avoided.
- It would help if you didn’t use a dosage of Aspadol 100mg Pills stored for more than six weeks.
- Do not buy and use this medicine without a prescription, as if you do so. Then it could lead to addiction and overdosing.
What is The Dosage Plan for Aspadol 100mg?
The dosing plan of Aspadol 100mg is based on the type of pain that requires management. It is as follows:
Usual adult dosage for Acute Pain:
The initial minimum dosage for an ‘Immediate Release’ tablet of Aspadol 100 mg Tapentadol is 50 to 100 mg orally every four to six hours as needed for pain. The maximum dose is 700 mg on day one and 600 mg on the following days.
Usual adult dosage for Chronic Pain:
The initial minimum dosage for an ‘Extended Release’ tablet for chronic pain is 50 mg orally twice daily. The maintenance dosage ranges between 100 mg to 250 mg two times a day with a maximum dosage of 500 mg/day.
Now, if you are suffering from either serious liver or kidney issues, then you need to readjust Aspadol 100mg Tablets dosage as follows:
Hepatic impairment adjustment:
No adjustment is requested
Renal dosage impairment:
No dosage adjustment is needed, even if the condition is mild, moderate, or severe.
Meanwhile, when you follow an Aspadol 100mg dosage schedule, then there is a possibility that you may either skip a dose or accidentally overdose on it. Under such circumstances then, you need to take the following precautionary steps:
Missed Dosage of Aspadol 100mg Tablets:
Since you need to take Aspadol 100mg Pills dosage on a needed basis when pain arises, it is unlikely that you will miss a dose. However, if you miss it, you need to take it as soon as you remember. If the time to take the fresh dose is fast approaching, you need to avoid taking a skipped dose.
Overdose on Aspadol 100mg Tablets:
When overdosing on Aspadol 100, Tapentadol occurs, and then there is a possibility that you may experience a range of side effects, some of which may prove to be fatal. Therefore, in such a situation, you need to stop taking the medication first and call your doctor immediately.
Side Effects and Adverse Side Effects of Aspadol 100mg:
On consuming a dose of Aspadol 100, you will experience a mix of mild to severe side effects. They are as follows:
If you observe any of the serious side effects of Aspadol 100mg Tablets given below them, you need to stop taking the medicine and call your doctor.
- Episode of seizure
- Serotonin syndrome has effects such as hallucinations
- Low cortisol levels
- Noisy breathing or shallow breathing
- Difficulty in communication
Alternative Medicines that you can Use in Place of Aspadol 100 mg:
Suppose you cannot consume Aspadol 100mg Tablets because you have drug allergy issues; then there are other medicines containing ‘Tapentadol’ that you can use again. They are as follows:
How do you Store Aspadol 100mg Appropriately for Preservation?
The perfect way to maintain the efficiency of Aspadol 100 to ensure that you derive maximum benefits from it in managing pain symptoms is to store it well using the following storage guidelines. They are as follows:
- Please store the Aspadol 100mg Pills dose in an airtight container away from light and heat at room temperature.
- Do not flush this medicine down your toilet drain. Also, ensure that you discard Aspadol 100mg Tapentadol dosage by following the instructions of either pharmacist or waste disposal expert.
- Avoid exposing pets and children to this drug.